Tuesday 18 February 2014

'What's Love Got To Do With It'

Hello everyone,

Today I will write you about music. Actually, I’m not the
best person to talk about this subject, because I think I don’t have good
knowledge in the music world, but I would like to say who is my favourite
singer and why she is important in my life.

Tina Turner, who has Anna Mae Bullock as your real name, has
being my favourite singer since I was six years old. Yes, I was six years old!
I don’t remember exactly when was the first time that I listen to her, but I always
remember that I felt happy.

I think you guys maybe don’t know her, because the most of
you are younger than me and the 80s. If you like action movies you can try ‘Mad
Max Beyond Thunderdome’, which is played by Mel Gibson and Tina Turner. She
also has her own movie, which is based in her real life, but it’s a drama that
tells us about how she becomes famous and how difficult was her married life.

In the early 80s she was made a huge success which some good
songs, such as ‘Private Dancer’, and she was always playing in the radios. My
grandfather, who I think fell in love for her, would listen Tina’s songs all
the spare time. I remember that I start to like her because a big language
mistake. I was a Brazilian child so, I wouldn’t speak English. When I listened
the song ‘What’s Love Got to Do with It’ for the first time I understood the
refrain in Portuguese therefore you can imagine what happened. The meaning was totally
different, but I liked. I also liked the rhythm and the singer’s style and
after that I start listen to her. My grandfather, who used to bring me lots of
chocolate, bought me her vinyl, which has her legs wearing a mini skirt and awesome
black high heel shoes that I never forget.


It took me some years to understand the song, which now I
know what the refrain really means, but I still remember my version in
Portuguese. If I try to translate in English it won’t make sense, but I can
try. In the phrase ‘what’s love got to do with it’, which is the refrain, I
understood in Portuguese that ‘got to do with it’ was something like ‘uncle cat’.
The song in my language isn’t very close to this, but you must remember that I
was a child, and even if I spoke English at the age of six, I couldn’t understand
the song’s meaning, because it isn’t for children.

‘What’s Love Got to Do with It’ has been my favourite song
for twenty-five years! Enjoy!



See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment