Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hello everyone,

I finally arrived at the amazing New Zealand!! It takes 45 hours (!!!) of travelling and, believe me, was quick! I left Sao Paulo travelling by Emirates Airplane with connections in Dubai (13 hours) and Australia (1 hour). The connection in Dubai was better!!! No, I’m not crazy, ha-ha. If your connection in Dubai has more than 6 hours the Emirates Company pays your hotel, visa, transport (airport-hotel-airport) and meals, so you have a chance to know another country. The airplane food is fine and you have a lot of entertainment programs like movies, series and documentaries.
When I arrived in New Zealand it was a beautiful day and I resolved to go to my homestay on a bus, is cheaper than taxi but, of course, is harder and I only recommend it if you don’t have a lot of baggage. How you will know the right bus? Just ask to Google Maps, he knows the answer, but would be good if you check its answer with someone on the bus stop.
The first day at school was vanilla, I did one test and met the school and neighbourhood. On the second day we had classes with Regan, it’s a very good teacher and very funny, but I had headaches, three days with headaches. Wasn’t Regan’s fault, it was jetlag because is 16 hours of fuse between Brazil and New Zealand and your body needs approximately 3 days do adapt. I’m terrific now, thank you for asking. Ha-ha.
So on the first week I went to one sightseeing point in Auckland named Skytower, it’s the country biggest building with 192m of high and I could see all city from there. Very beautiful view, it’s really worth-while! You also can jump from the top if you pay NZ$200. So, I decided to play at Skyscreamer, it’s a toy placed beside Skytower, works like a reverse bungee jump that reaches 200Km/h in just 2 seconds, and cost NZ$60 with photo and video. Its terrific!!! A elderly man was on the toy at the same time I was, and he was so scared!! I don’t know how he didn’t had a heart attack.

So, that was my first week at NZ, I liked a lot!! I’ll come back soon with more news!!


Cya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment