Thursday 27 February 2014

Thank you bus driver!!!

Hey, guys, how are you?
Yesterday I completed 3 weeks living in this “big little city”. I love being here because when you’re an exchange student, you don’t have a routine and everyday there are different things to do.
Last week, me and some friends, did a trip to Coromandel Peninsula, 40km wide, in the North Island. We stayed at a Backpackers Hostel in Tairua, which is on the east cost of the Peninsula. There, I started to notice the community spirit that exists in New Zealand. Tairua is a small town, so people are very kind and courteous, mainly with tourist. The hostel manager was very attentive, and helped us with directions to beaches and places to eat.


Back to Auckland, every day I see people saying “thank you” to the bus driver. I started to say it as well, but in Brazil people usually don’t do that and it’s very impolite not to do so. This way you can show that you respect and appreciate the work they are doing for you.
In Brazil, I don’t usually take a bus, but the next time I do, I will thank the bus driver for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment