Tuesday 11 March 2014

Leisure time in New Caledonia


Hi everyone!


Today’s topic is about how people in my country spend their free time.


For me, having many leisure activities is a good way to avoid stress and relax yourself, especially after busy days! Personally, I enjoy spending time with my family and pets, going out with friends, shopping, listening to music, watching movies, reading horror books, surfing Internet and travelling! If I talk about exercise, well I don't do anything at this present moment (except the walk homestay-bus stop), but if I have time, I will do badminton or fitness stepper.


In my country, New Caledonia, the most touristic place is called Lanse Vata where people go to the beach, the islands around, the aquarium, the cinema, night parties or eat up in different typical restaurants. But the days are very short as the sun goes down at 5.00 pm! Beside, these activities are beneficial to people living in or near the city, the South. In the countryside, the North, hunting and fishing are generally practiced.


There is a lot of people who are interested in sports. Many of them love to watch sports on TV, men mostly... The most popular sport is football. Now many parents send their children to have a training. But I’m not good at it, I just watch.

Va’a is very popular too, people like to sit at the beach and watch it during the tournament week. Actually, every kind of water sports. But the problem is that there aren’t any waves suitable for surfing.







The most destructive habit is definitely this video game addiction. Does anyone have a similar experience with friends being addicted to videogames? I do.
Well I used to be, a long time ago, but not anymore.
Now, let’s make some predictions about how this may change in the next 100 years. I don’t mind if I’m wrong!
Leisure time will decrease while working time will grow. The city will develop its attraction infrastructure. All would be concentrated in one location, in the South and the North as well. Shopping malls will spread which means more shopping… Video games will still be a prime form of entertainment among the youth. Sport events and concerts will occur annually or more often! Given the rising impact of technology, sport may increasingly equal these forms of virtual content.

Well, I don’t think it will snow in the 50 next years in New Caledonia but an artificial snow place where people could snowboard and ski would be awesome!


 Thank you for taking the time to read this blog! See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment